*Students are allowed to wear costumes at the Halloween FNA Dance, however, they must be in good taste. No weapons or violent content. Faces cannot be in anyway covered or unrecognizable. There will be fun dress up items that all of the students can use at the Free Photo Booth.
Warren Township Youth and Family Services sponsors the Friday Night Alternative dances for middle school students in Warren Township (grades 6th—8th). During the school year, these students are provided a safe environment that includes basketball, dancing with a D.J., special event activities and pizza/beverages supplied by the members of the Park City Teen Center (food items are provided for a fee).
“FNA is a parent supported event”
Who: Warren Township youth who are entering 6th, 7th and 8th grades
Where is the Event: Woodland Middle School (7000 W. Washington St., Gurnee)
Where is our Office: Youth Services, 100 S. Greenleaf St., Gurnee
When: Friday—see dates
Time: 7:00-9:00 pm
Cost: One time registration fee (see Registration)
Scholarships: Requests for an FNA needs-based fee waiver may be made by calling 847-244-1101 ext. *401. Parents will be asked to complete paperwork to have the fee reduced.
***All dates are subject to change/cancellation without refund.
Each dance requires a minimum of 30 volunteer parent-chaperones. The dance will be cancelled if 30 chaperones have not registered 4 days prior to that dance. Chaperones arrive at 6:30 pm for a brief orientation and are welcome to bring the students with (they will wait in a separate area). Please park on the west side of the Washington Street lot. We request that chaperones stay until 9:15-30 pm to help us with pick-up.
GURNEE DAYS POOL PARTY -- August 11-- 8-9:30 pm at the Gurnee Aquatic Center -- Must be entering grades 6-9 (outgoing 8th graders are allowed to attend). $2.00 fee or register for FNA (2016-17) and get in for free. If you register online, print out confirmation/receipt and bring with you to the Pool Party (and you will get your card at the Pool Party). Any card not picked up at the Pool Party will be mailed the following week. There are no Rain Dates for this event.
The dates will not be approved until later August. All dates are subject to change.
September 30— Dance
October 21— Dance
November 11— Dance
December — No scheduled event
January — No scheduled event
February 10— Dance
March 17— Dance
April 21— Dance
May — No schedule event
June — Pool Party
Dates are subject to change. There will be no refund for any portion of the registration fee if a dance is cancelled or a child dismissed. If there is a rain date for an event, there will only be a single rain date. There are no rain dates for dances.
Parents must purchase the 2016-17 Admission Card using one of the following registration methods.
- Purchase Online using this website-- expect 4 business days to receive your card in the mail (cards will be mailed out after the 8/11 Pool Party).
- Print form and mail in (click to print
- Puchase in office (
100 S. Greenleaf St., Gurnee
)- this is the best option if your purchasing a card within 4 days of the dance.
- You will recieve the Parent Information Packet with your card.
Click if you want a PDF Copy.
- Admission Card per child-- $10.00-$15.00.
There is a $5.00 reduction in each child registered for parent(s) who agree to chaperone at least 2 dances (each child will only be $10.00).++
- The FNA Card (good for the entire year) and Parent Handbook will be mailed to your home-- please allow 4-5 business days.
- No cards will be mailed prior to the Pool Party (8/11/16). Bring a printout of your email receipt, bring it with you to the Pool Party and you will get your card that evening.
- Replacement cards cost $5.00 and a parent must be present for the purchase. Must be purchased at our 100 S. Greenleaf St. office.
- FNA cards may also be purchased or replaced at our main office at 100 S. Greenleaf St., Gurnee. On the night of FNA events, our Greenleaf office closes at 5 PM.
Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847-244-1101 ext. *401.
++ Please take an educated guess on the months that are best for you. We may not have the dates confirmed and posted until mid-August.